Cycling Time Trials has confirmed that time trials including hill climbs can take place from 29th March 2021.
However, it is important that we comply with CTT’s COVID-19 risk assessment, which means some extra instructions:
– Riders must not gather together beforehand, at the start or after finishing.
– After signing-on, do your warm-up then please arrive at the start no more than five minutes before your start time.
– Please bring your own pen to sign-in, and exact change only (£3 members, £5 non-members). Club members can pay on-line – speak to Chris Lea at the event.
– Please bring your own safety pins (for numbers).
– Standing start, as there will be no pusher-off.
– Drafting behind a competitor is already not allowed in time trials, but it is now even more important that you do not do so and that if you are catching another rider you do not ride in their slipstream and pass them as quickly as possible.
– Results will be posted on the Club website.
– After your ride please return your number to the ‘dirty’ bucket and then leave promptly.
– Please do not attend if you feel ill in any way or if any family members have any symptoms of COVID-19.
– An elevated resting heart rate or exceptionally quick to react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of any kind, and you should not go to the start line, or ride, and should instead go home.
Sorry for this long list of do’s and don’t’s, but they are there to minimise the risk of transmission of coronavirus.